View Single Post
Old 2004-03-02, 01:33   Link #108
Kasshin
Kasshin X Kasshin

Send a message via ICQ to Kasshin Send a message via AIM to Kasshin Send a message via MSN to Kasshin
I think the chat thing about IRC is usually what turns people off, though. They hear "Chat" and they think "a/s/l chatrooms". No, it's not like that at all. Keep an open mind, and actually try it out. It is interesting talking with fellow anime fans, and it's not geeky at all! Okay, maybe it is, but it doesn't have to FEEL geeky. But, if you're a forum user, I don't see why you won't like IRC. It's like the forums, except in real time. You get to know people a lot better, with lines and lines of chat, compared to a couple posts on forums. I can't force you to do anything, but I seriously recommend that you check IRC out, no matter what. If you get bashed or insulted for being a n00b, you can always join another chan, and it'd be like starting all over. Try checking out an IRC n00bie guide or two first before talking, and I'm sure people won't treat you as badly as they would to people who are completely clueless.
Kasshin is offline   Reply With Quote