View Single Post
Old 2009-09-08, 15:20   Link #1029
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainessae View Post
I agree that the tragedy aspect (and the fact that the original intention, at least with the first season, was that Lelouch was the villain and the story was told from the villain's perspective) is the main reason why a happier outcome for Shirley wasn't possible. And honestly, I think everyone knew that'd be her fate, which is a bit unfortunate that Sunrise went with such an obvious decision. XD
Well, it would be too hard to make other kind of end for her. Lelouch was too sunk in his own abyss to not drag people down. Shirley was the rope that could make him get back, but she couldn't stand his weight and eventually got cut.

It was obvious? Well, maybe... But just because Lelouch was Lelouch. To make something else, only if they changed the way of the character or the series itself. It was obvious because there wasn't another kind of possibility, hehe.

About the seinen, humm... I'm with Sol in this one. To me, Code Geass was a shonen anime with a little bit of seinen... And nothing else. Thank god.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote