View Single Post
Old 2009-09-08, 16:02   Link #1032
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainessae View Post
Hmm, that's kind of surprising, actually, that it wasn't as obvious as I thought what her fate was. You learn something new every day. =) I think for me it was obvious because "regaining lost memories" = "death" seemed a pretty obvious fate for her, as she was a.) not a main character and b.) not influential in any plotline other than Lulu's personal one (unlike CC and Kallen). I knew this after season 1, which was why I switched to the CC/Lulu ship for a while right after the first season, because I thought Shirley was doomed to insignificance and tragedy. XD /fickle
Well, aren't you just a regular ol' ball of fun? Well, I pretty much fell in love with Shirley within the first 10 episodes (and incidentally it was shortly thereafter I learned of her death) and was totally rooting for her to get with Lelouch. Maybe that's why it was so hard for me to accept.

Quote:
@Nobodyman - from what I've heard of Death Note (although I haven't read it m'self), it has a pretty seinen-style ending, doesn't it? Not a "save the world" one, right? I don't really think there's a distinct "line" between seinen/shounen, just that a story leans toward one or the other. Same with shoujo/josei.
Will you stop screwing with my head about Shonen and Seinen? Pretty soon I'm gonna lose all sense of definition between the two and everything will become ambiguous Deathnote was published in Shonen Jump. That's Shonen enough for me. (BTW, I'd highly recommend reading/watching Deathnote)
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote