View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 05:10   Link #27486
LyricalAura
Dea ex Kakera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Actually I think AT's interpretation is reasonable. Ikuko's behavior, assuming she is Yasu, really does have a lot of sinister implications. It never bothered me, though; it was just interesting.
I don't really see it. Her "sinister" actions are... what? Not exposing him as a survivor so the media could hound him like they were doing to Eva at the time? Co-authoring books with him? Letting him use the internet?

Frankly, the only way I could see her actions as sinister is if she isn't Yasu, because in that case she doesn't have an excuse for picking him up and adopting him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Take him to a doctor, for starters. Existential crisis aside, for all we know dude has a treatable brain tumor that's gotten too malignant to deal with thanks to Ikuko's neglect. The final scene is Touya dying of a brain aneurysm. What a bitch.
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. How did you get from "didn't take him to a hospital when she first found him" to "never took him to a doctor or let him go to a doctor in 40 years"?