View Single Post
Old 2014-03-24, 10:29   Link #34192
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Assuming Tohya is a real person and Tohya was Battler, then Battler would not have remained with Beatrice the whole way down because if he did then "fate" would've separated them again, even if only bodily (remember, Battler's memories still exist in part, so we can't even say Battler truly "died" here). So it seems highly probable that what we're seeing is somehow metaphorical for Battler; either the entire thing is or the second time he catches up to her is.
Well, even though Tohya remembers Battler's memories, he says he can't accept them as his own. He views Battler as a different person, which (always in context to the entire personality-death logic) sort of makes him another person with Battler's mememories, so the Battler persona is pretty much dead.

Interestingly enough, this seems to be a parallel to Beatrice's "death" in EP5. Featherine says in EP6 that "This Beatrice will never be revived" but then... is. Chick-Beatrice is a different person because she has entirely different experiences than the original Beato's. Later on however, she does ackquire these, but this does not qualify (by personality-death-revival always) as the old Beatrice being revived, because that way there would be contradictions with the red. This might as well be read as a hint for what happened with Battler.

By the way, your analysis is pretty interesting, it had never occured to me that Beatrice's suicide might be personality death as well. I really dislike the idea of Yasu=Ikuko to be honest, because as mentioned earlier she doesn't really seem like someone who is trying to atone for anything, mind you, she is so self-centered that she kinda gives off the exactly opposite impression.

However, it would be another story if, for example, Beatrice and Battler both "die" as personalities, but then by some sort of accident they get separated. Battler's amnesia would make more sense that way. The question is, though, what happened to Yasu?

Also, isn't it very curious that Ikuko ended up in posession of Eva's Diary? Ange obviously learns the truth by reading it, but then what does she do with it, and how does it end up in Ikuko's hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
Another problem that keeps bugging me, is the existence of Gohda.
Seriously, what is Ryukishi intending to do with his character?
I heard that he was planning an affair between Gohda and Natsuhi (it could have sort of been hinted by their brief interaction in EP1) but the whole idea was discarded later on. Probably because Ryukishi seems to like Natsuhi a lot (I really don't know why...)

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote