View Single Post
Old 2014-03-26, 16:14   Link #34200
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndqanh_vn View Post
I don't believe that she directly killed anyone, too. And I hope that's not the case. But at the end, she really did plan something, and play some part in the incidents. What is her plan? Which part did she play? How much was she responsible for the tragedy? So many thing is lacking there....And therefore it's hard to form a solid opinion of her. Which is irony, because she's the one the text keeps telling us to try to sympathize.
I fear the tragedy can't be used to form an opinion over her as in the end she likely didn't manage to do anything.
At best knowing the details of the tragedy might help us to form better opinions on Rudolf and Kyrie (did they really murder everyone else in cold blood?) and on the others (did they manage to do something? where they actually doing something so that Kyrie and Rudolf felt the need to kill them? was one of them try killing the others as forgery of purple logic might imply?).

Yasu becomes a catbox the moment she's stopped from committing murder. We'll never know if she was capable to pull off her plan and shoot at people and likely she'll never know as well so if to form a judgement on her you need to know if she's capable of murder in cold blood... well you've to figure out by yourself this one.
She surely devised a plan to murder people but she was conflicted with it and set it up so she could be stopped... and in the end we'll never know if, hadn't no one stopped her, she would have managed to carry on.

The manga clarified well the details of her inner state and her inner conflict. I think at this point we can understand her situation and why she thought it was okay to ask for help in such a twisted way.
She was living a nightmare, she was under serious stress, she wasn't capable to ask for help in a normal way and only knew unhealthy ways to deal with her problems.

So I'm not saying I wouldn't want to know more about the tragedy because I want... but unless something spectacular happened during it that involved Yasu, I don't think knowing the details would change much my opinion of her. In the end she likely was reduced to merely an observer of the tragedy, a Lion forced to watch the 'show' by Berncastel. So I don't really think that to know the details of the tragedy would change my opinion on her.

... unless something big we weren't told about happened, that is. But I don't really think that would be possible.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote