View Single Post
Old 2011-02-17, 10:04   Link #57
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I would be actually more convinced if you named classics, like Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen or Maison Ikkoku, which are unfortunately quite in their vintage and rare to be blunt.

The number of adaptations they have failed are much more numerous, just that F/SN and the when they cry franchise are the most noteworthy, considering their popularity, yet atrocious adaptation.
When you got adaptations like Getbackers (turning the whole deal into a fujoshi bait) and Yami to Boshi to Hon (complete opposite: yuri festival), I would rather ask what their scripters are thinking at times.

But the vast majority of their productions suffer from average/sub-par budget and poor transitions. Even now, they manage to be quite dubious with stuff like Dragon Crisis in that department (even Zombie has glaring issues shared with its predecessors).
As much as I loved Seitokai no Ichizon, it doesn't excuse how they arguably used almost every tricks to save budget, which would have attracted the wrath of a whole fandom if it was for a series of another genre.
they did tend to have budget cutting but it's not reason that i stop watching it for fun.

bare i mind that i am "casual" anime fan. not like you "technical" anime fan. i am watching anime mainly for fun. i tend to chose 12 ep anime for new season while the longer one i kept it for later. usually i dont care however animating it. as long it interesting i pick it.

one of nice example of budget anime yet fun to watch is hetalia. pretty much only 5 minute and average animation. but that enough to keep me entertain (well for 5 minute anyway so it probably not big deal)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote