View Single Post
Old 2013-04-04, 12:31   Link #53
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiking_Bear View Post
You think he used Tsukuyomi on Hashirama? I guess it's possible, but I feel that Hashirama, after spending an entire lifetime fighting the Uchiha, would have developed a counter to it. I think the fact that Madara had to resort to Susanoo shows that Hashirama was above the level where he could be taken out by Amaterasu or Tsukuyomi.

Another possibility is that Madara used a fission technique similar to the one performed by the 2nd Tsuchikage Muu. It would have left Madara alive, but at half his normal strength.
I don't think there is any counter to Tsukuyomi. If there was, Obito and Madara wouldn't be planning to control the whole world through Tsukuyomi. There would be no point if someone could break it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea, seeing as how hashirama and tobirama showed no sign of intimidation at sasuke's MS, i have to agree that they (especially hashirama) were beyond being genjutsu'd into believing things. edo tensei is apparently not even strong enough to hold hashirama. something like tsukiyomi seems inferior at this point when dealing with 'the god of shinobi'. we saw sasuke break itachi's tsukiyomi at just a normal sharingan level

just adding: another possibility is that madara awakens the rinnegan after he integrated hashirama's dna into himself after the VotE fight we just saw. so he could either control life and death or absorb chakra to rejuvenate himself. we saw jiraiya will himself back to life for a short amount of time, so if madara did that with rinnegan it should be enough to justify him living on
You have to take into consideration that Itachi may have allowed Sasuke to break Tsukuyomi, since Itachi wanted Sasuke to win.

Also, Madara said he awakened Rinnegan right before he died. So he couldn't have awakened it right after the battle.