View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 19:26   Link #149
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisidor
Grace is reminding me more and more of Motoko Kusanagi, starting with wireless comm, uber hacking skillz and now she seems to be able to use a matrix-like agent proxy body to exchange info with Leon. Why this conclusion? If you watch carefully while Leon was talking to his subordinate and watching the VF-27 video, he receives a Confidential Message from "G" right before the scene ends. Also Inoue Kikuko, Grace O'Connor's seiyuu is credited in this episode despite the character not appearing at all. Finally we could also conclude the voice commanding Brera is her too, since Brera has a cyborg body and might come from Galaxy and infiltrated Frontier at the same time Sheryl and her arrived. As for their agenda, we'll have to wait till they reveal more.
Nice to see that meme I've used elsewhere referenced at last. But yes, she seems to be more than just a manager now... especially with the hacking, and the way she may indeed be connected with Brera, and possibly what happened with Galaxy, given that the episode that both of them made their real debuts in their dual roles (Grace stealing the Fold Comm feed from the Frontier's systems, Brera as the cyborg pilot), and possibly with what actually happened with the Galaxy.

Also, Brera made me think of Miyu during that last bit, with the way he's... weaponized.

I suspect that Mao Nome may indeed have either had a descendant, in the form of Ranka or Sheryl (or both, even - as a mother in her forties, or as a grandmother)... or, like someone else suggested, had some other involvement with Ranka and the 117th Fleet, given that she had early contact with the Protoculture artifacts.

Spoiler:

And for all you pairing folks, I'm tempted to root for MikhailxAlto, KleinxAlto, or BobbyxAlto (this latter one has always admired Alto, charged in for the rescue with the cry of 'I'm coming to save you, Princess!' in episode 7, and may have been referring to Alto during that 'I'll kill you if you hurt Ranka' speech in episode 9), just to piss y'all off.

As far as I recall, Kawamori's stated he doesn't want the stories to be exact copies, which means that Sheryl and Alto may not be the 'end couple', just as Ranka and Alto may not be one. Or there may not even BE a couple, but just a mutual admiration society... there's certainly precedent for it, as Misa and Minmay made their peace and became good friends as well, enough so that all of them went off together in Megaroad 01 to create a legend.

P.S.: Am I the only one annoyed that all these 'shippers' are pairing Ranka and Brera up just as they're trying to pair up Sheryl and Alto because they 'look good together'? Isn't that what everyone said in-universe about Minmay and Kaifun? Especially if Brera does bear any relation to Ranka? Seriously, folks... not everything's about 'looking good' together - else Hollywood marriages would all have happy endings, and all those good-looking couples wouldn't be divorcing all over the place.