View Single Post
Old 2008-08-20, 05:37   Link #100
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I'm sorry I don't quite follow, are you talking about Sting?

He did get shot down by a Murasame if I recall correctly, but that's also an unfair judgement.

I believe the druggies were designed as a team, and obviously they were already weakened at that point in the series. Auel is dead, Stella kidnapped and was just retrieved. Obviously their usual trio tactic is no longer present, since Stella is suddenly forced to pilot a giant Gundam.

Then later on he was killed by the Shin and Rey, when he was in another Destroiy Gundam (if I recall correctly, please point me out if I'm wrong). At that point he's already by himself, the druggie team is basically dissolved.

The first generation druggies, got picked out within minutes once one of them were killed. Besides they occasionally attack each other, and never listen.

In an actual battle, communication and team work is a lot more important than individual skills. Gundam (being a real robot anime series) usually follows this formula, but of course GS/GSD is known to have irrational characters and an irrational plot.
Second-gen extendeds did not really have teamwork as well.

They are hampered by the specifications of their mobile suits. Gaia can only be used in the ground, mostly, while Chaos specializes in Aerial Combat and Abyss is good in the Water. In space they can work better as a team, but they still fight individually basically...

So, in the end, the first-gen extendeds will be better as they are generally better in terms of combat ability.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote