View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 17:32   Link #61
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I'm not obligated to stop watching a show when there's only one major aspect of it I dislike. Besides, the SAO arc in general compared to this was much better anyway. I still think the show should have ended permanently at episode 14.

Even if it is consistent, it doesn't mean I like it. .hack did a virtual reality game world in a much more sensible and believable way for it's setting's time period than this show ever has. It was a virtual reality world, but at the same time it had the limitations and environments that actually made it still feel like a game. Get too real like this show and it isn't a game anymore. That's not what I want to see.

It's still awfully realistic. I know the upper half of a body can live for several minutes in reality after the torso is severed in half, but again this is a game. It should have been over by the time Kirito laid that blow.

In the end this all just my personal problem I have with the show. I know that's not what the series is trying to do, but I just don't like it.
...So the game has a pretty good physics engine, I don't quite understand the complaint to be honest.

That said, I really LOVED this episode. I'm guessing Sugou won't be in a position to move around right now. Not sure how fast he'll recover, but at least not immediately.

Him getting cut up into pieces also is quite in line with what has been established. If the cutting happens while the HP isn't at 0 yet, you can cut however many times you want until it runs out. HP decreases gradually, not instantly.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote