View Single Post
Old 2009-10-05, 04:46   Link #1072
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
Isn't there also a scene in an earlier episode where Kinzo is shown crying about wanting to meet Beatrice again and Beatrice comments on how he can't see her? The problem with that scene is that meta-Battler wasn't observing it.

So if Beatrice doesn't really exist and Kinzo doesn't really exist then isn't that scene just the narrator trolling us?
Probably, but whose to say such a scene never happened in the past. Think about the very start of EP 1: we see Kinzo saying how much he wants to see her again, while he's with Nanjo and Genji. It could easily be a scene before his death in 1985, since he did die about a day or two before the family conference.

Scenes like that just show Beato's feelings towards different things. Like how we saw her talking to Virgilia alone, while Meta-Battler wasn't around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
That was not what I was asking.

You said that "Genji might not have actually died, allowing Ronove to continue existing."

I'm saying "Shouldn't we regard Magic scenes as generally canon to Meta scenes?"

Using the Magic Scenes Aren't Always Real explanation to explain something that only exists in the Meta-World is going to get confusing fast.
Ah I see what you mean now. Yeah it does get a little confusing now that I think on it, since Kumasawa was in the shed for the entire duration of everything after the 1st twilight.