View Single Post
Old 2013-03-22, 10:23   Link #419
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Actually, they do. Fighter/Warrior is designed to have high HP and low defenses. Counter fits them perfectly.
Then give them something similar or anything else that doesn't make them a liability on the battlefield, if IS can't bothered to make more maps suited to them.

Quote:
No one cares about balance. What people want are specialized classes that are either powerhouses or tanks. There is a reason why Assassins are preferred over Tricksters despite Tricksters having staff utility.

But then even if you did want a strong jack of all trades class, the Avatar and Morgan can still do it better with Grandmaster because tomes are far more powerful than bows in this game.
I'm not arguing that they aren't mediocre, but they are at least able preform their roles well, and have decent (if not limited) utility purpose and aren't limited to a fairly lackluster weapon type. I can bring one into battle and not worry about having to pay special attention to them. Better than anything Sniper's got going for it.

Quote:
Also, mounted units are not necessarily a blessing in this game. Unlike previous ones where they either had Canto or the innate ability to use their remaining Move after an attack before their turn ends, they have nothing in this game. There is also an abundance of Beast Killers.
Having more movement is still nice and I just deal with Beast Wielders the same way I do with Archers when using Peggies and Wyverns: by not fighting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Like Cherche, Donnel has great growths but that's all that's going for him as a unit. His class options and pool of available skills are too limited for him to keep up by the end. He has Mercenary which does let him promote to Hero, a very solid class, but he can't get Swordfaire or Axefaire because of no Berserker or Swordmaster.

Lords have Rapiers, Aether, and Rightful King. Donnel might cap his stats sooner, but in a game where it's possible to cap everyone's stats with infinite EXP and resources from grinding, that's not much going for him. However, not many units can get Aether and/or Rightful King.
He's still going to be your best fighter early to mid game at least and that's nothing to sneeze at, not to mention he's the most sensible option for the first Second Seal you get. My Donnel can pretty much one round anything without the need Aether, Rapiers or Swordfaire on hard. I hear he makes an excellent Dread Fighter too which is good as I was planning on bring into that class anyway.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-03-22 at 10:35.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote