View Single Post
Old 2013-03-27, 12:22   Link #32
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. The Senju and the Uchiha were mortal enemies. Madara has been taught since childhood that this clan is the enemy. He's seen all of his siblings die in war. He doesn't fully believe in the alliance even though he values the idea and Tobirama isn't making it a secret that he doesn't trust the Uchiha. Add to that the fact that Madara lost the support of the Uchiha clan. He's trying to protect them. He believes that Tobirama's distrust of the Uchiha will lead to their destruction when Hashirama can no longer keep him in check. His motivations for rebellion are not far fetched.

Keep in mind that Madara isn't to the point yet where he becomes the evil mastermind of the series. Right now he's at the point of rebellion against a power structure that he believes will lead to his clan's destruction. I think Kishimoto has done a decent job of showing what motivated Madara and has made it more interesting by making Madara and Hashirama friends in the beginning. I don't think Tobirama is fully to blame for what is happening. He doesn't trust Madara and Madara doesn't trust him. It's a vicious cycle. Unfortunately ninja don't have the sense to talk things out so when one has a problem with another the conflict is more likely to end in bloodshed than diplomacy.

The only thing I didn't like about this chapter was Hashirama's willingness to kill himself just to appease Madara. That was ridiculous.