View Single Post
Old 2009-07-26, 07:10   Link #176
封鎖された渋谷で

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Ok, I know blending in with the crowd is paramount in Japanese culture, so my next question would be "Why didn't her folks arrange for her to be in a private school?"
I studied at Aoyama (a Methodist Private school) for some time. You need connections to enter most private schools. Being rich =/= connections. Especially in private schools in Japan. You need to be part of a religious body in order to ensure your child's spot in a private school. Aoyama looks first for Christians, then others. (Or so I hear.) I was a member of the United Methodist Church when I was younger (yes, I was US-educated in kindergarten and elementary).

Quote:
Look, as parents, it is not how much you earn which ultimately matters to your kids. After a certain level, it's showing them that you care which counts. With their resources, if they feel that this elder daughter is not telling them the whole story (the "How's school today?" "Fine." routine), then they should very well hire a PI to straighten out the facts for them.
Look, if she knows she has a PI on her back, it may well make things worse.

Quote:
As for the lady herself, again, you're the woman in the hot seat. You know you stick out like a sore thumb, deal with it. If you don't intend to fit in from the get-go, bitch slap them every time they do something to you. You're the one with the gold, make the rules.
In other words, be a Nanaka Yatsushiro.