View Single Post
Old 2008-09-11, 12:54   Link #90
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
It is looking good so far, but I kind of wish they would keep the voicing real. The Germans speak German, Soviets speak Russian, etc. I am already use to subtitles, I think the rest of the world could read subtitles in their language, lol.
Forgot to comment on this - yes, i would also like that to be the case. For what its worth, the few lines at the beginning of the trailer were being said by a genuine Russian, so perhaps we have at least something to look towards to
Quote:
I have over three hundred books concerning early 20th century wars(Russo-Japanese war, Baltic Wars, Mexican Civil war, etc) to the Arab-Israeli Wars. I like to read, watch, play any game in between. Spanish Civil War, Sino-Japanese war, Korea, loss of the European colonies in the 50/60s, etc. Pretty much all of it.
Holy, that is certainly a lot ... easily puts my collection to shame, and i must admit i have forgotten a lot of the facts i used to know, given i haven't really exercised my knowledge on this front for at least a few years now... so my immediate knowledge in the actual dates and such regarding the World Wars leaves much to be desired.

Actually what fascinates me more is ancient history (And myths), going back to foundations of Babylon and up to medieval ages or so

Quote:
Yeah, I would't say they were as happy about fighting the Soviets as the Germans were. They seem to be in the same boat as Finland. They didn't like either side, but the Soviets were 'worse'.
Well, Finland had a somewhat different fate due to the massive failure that was the Winter War on Soviet side. While they technically "lost" the war (and a little bit of their territory), they were victorious in preserving their independence. While i doubt that exactly increased their liking of their eastern neighbor much, it is different from the Baltic states that only regained their independence in 1990-1991. (Which means not so distant past, so i guess that should also answer the question of which, if any, they would "side" with )