View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 20:23   Link #129
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I meant before he met Noumi but afterwards works just as well. Really, it's not like Noumi can read minds and he has no reason not to tell Taku unless he thinks Taku is too stupid to keep it a secret.
I think the most likely reason (at least after the situation with Noumi) is that, in his heightened emotional state, he's not sure if he can even trust Taku. There's still obvious unresolved tension regarding Chiyu. I think it's a bit much to expect him to act logical when he's kind of having an emotional breakdown; the fact that he catches some of his irrational behaviour in his inner thoughts as it happens rather than after the fact is actually fairly impressive.

Quote:
I don't see how that makes any sense. Him suddenly losing his wings isn't going to suddenly make the blackmailing any less flimsy. And if Haru cared so much about his wings that he''ll just let Chiyu become Noumi's pet then that's news to me too.

Besides Noumi did still talk about Haru still being under his thumb in the real world so no I don't think it's the case at all that Haru thought it was flimsy. I think Haru just attacked Noumi because he was just angry at what he was about to do to Chiyu. I've rewatched the scene and I don't think there's anything to suggest he attacked because he thought the blackmailing was flimsy. If that's what he actually thought then you think he would've said something.
No, I think he figured that defeating him soundly in the Accelerated World would prove that, though he may be useless in real life, in that world he's a "somebody". A sort of "I'll show him who's boss" move. This is why his defeat in the Accelerated World was so devastating, because now he really does feel powerless to do anything.

It isn't very clear to me what you expected Haru to be able to do about the situation with Noumi in real-life up to this point. But that's why Haru thought he could do something about it in the other world.

Quote:
I just think he was handed the Idiot Ball. And slowly grinding his HP down by dragging him across isn't even flashy anyway.
I don't think he was necessarily planning to drag him to death; his flying ability allowed him to pull off some rather flashy kills so far. I don't think he was handed the "Idiot Ball", but I think adrenaline and emotions cause people to not always take the safest route to victory. Plus, there shouldn't have been a problem pulling off that move anyway. Again, I think you may be expecting a bit much of someone his age and in his angry state.

I tend to think that all of Haru's actions make sense from an in-character perspective, even if they're not necessarily what we might think we'd do in his situation.