View Single Post
Old 2012-07-27, 22:10   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth
Some of your criticisms are legit, but they aren't things that bother me very much.
That’s mighty fine, Darth. Like I said, they’re just my personal preference .

Quote:
Also from my perspective Ranka's dialogue when she's trying to encourage Sheryl doesn't seem that out of place.
Aside from the lines, the major offender is the execution and how the dialogue delivered. I don’t know how to say it, but they’re too “stage-play-y”. Also, although Sheryl and Ranka have that much time to chat, Alto is still fighting a fierce battle out there and he still has the time to chit-chat that long?

Quote:
Also that "Everyone! Embrace each other! To the ends of the universe!" is her equivalent to Basra and Sheryl's "Listen to my song!" so IMO that isn't very out of place either.
I’m never fond of characters spouting catchphrases to begin with. Especially if it’s poetic (it reminds me of the recent Kamen Rider who spout catchphrases for ridiculous reason. On the other hand, I can accept Sheryl & Basara’s “Listen to my song!” when they’re about to sing since that’s pretty direct and more make sense.

Quote:
Also while I think it was mostly there just to make things more visually interesting for us viewers, there is a certain logic to Sheryl's use of stage outfits and lighting. The effectiveness of her singing against the Vajra is very dependent on how into it she is, and making use of the things that were familiar to her as an idol helps her get into her performance. (And it is a performance -one that she fully expects to be the last one of her life. She's going all out for it.).
Now that’s well-explained. Aside from the obvious “eye-candy” reason by the animators, your reply is satisfying.

Of course, all of those are just my personal opinion. Everybody else is free to think otherwise. Your preference is not wrong nor do mine. They’re just different.

@LoveMeKags
Dear girl, since most of your reply to me is your Opinion, I don’t feel the necessity to reply to most of them. Our opinion will never met since we prefer different things. However, to make things clear I’ll answer some of your questions to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
That is from the movies, not the series.

Actually read my post before you rant and rave about things I never said.

I never once said television series or anything like that in that paragraph. I referred solely to the movies, since that line you spoke of is a direct quote from Sayonara no Tsubasa. Also, that so-called "poetic outburst" for Alto is also from the movies. I think you're getting screwed up in which universe is which.
Ah, sorry for the slip . That’s coz I consider my “detailed-examples” post in page 2 supposed to be a revision of my older posts on page one. Like I said in my first post, it comes from the top of my head and I don’t remember where the scene come from very well. Hence my more “detailed-example” post on page 2 and you did quote that one.

Why do I watched Frontier if don’t really like it?
First, I like the Macross franchise up until Macross Plus (but I’m not one of those fans who remember all the Valkyries’ code-number) so I have the urge to watch the new Macross series. Second, I get the anime for free. It was given by my friend when I was in college to accompany my boring days in the dorm. Lastly, I finished it just for the lulz coz I have nothing to do at that time.

Why Cowboy Bebop?
You missed my point again. I didn’t mention Bebop for it’s symbolic nature. I mention it coz the characters act naturally in the middle of a battle, which is less talking and more shooting. The characters there don’t talk during battle/shootings unless it’s really necessary.

Quote:
Sadly, Ghost in the Shell had many scenes in which the characters merely grunted or screamed at their enemies.
And that’s exactly my point. You shouldn’t talk a lot during battle/shootings unless it’s for strategy. That’s a waste of energy

Do I have to check character bios aside from what I get from the actual show to say a line he’s/she’s spoken is cringe-worthy?
Nope.

Quote:
But you forget that script writing doesn't give them a background or personality. It is how the writer presents these characters that gives them three-dimensions. The characters of Frontier were presented well due to their different style of speaking.

So I guess some very compelling characters from, say, The Dark Knight and Little Miss Sunshine does not come from the well-written scripts at all? Hint: their various backgrounds actually comes from the script.