View Single Post
Old 2006-01-18, 14:49   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

What is "Fate/stay night"?

"Fate/stay night" (or simply: Fate, f/sn, 笛, etc.) is an anime based on an ero-game (gasp!) released by the softhouse TYPE-MOON back in early 2004. The covers for the original (limited first-press edition version) game are shown below:

You may recall TYPE-MOON as the original creators of "Tsukihime," who at the time were merely amateur doujin game creators. I recall I posted something a quite a time ago about how TYPE-MOON started out, but all I could find was this: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...9&postcount=30

Following their crowning achievement in the doujin market, TYPE-MOON decided to go pro. Their first game release as pros was "Fate/stay night." The game sold an unprecedented +100,000 copies (which is a very high number for an ero-game) and was a massive hit. Dozens of official merchandise and multi-media enterprises spawned. It was a matter of time that rumors about this going to be animated started being heard.

In October 2005, TYPE-MOON released a fun/fan-disc called "Fate/hollow ataraxia" show below (limited edition first release packaging):

Once again, they made headlines as they were able to reach an estimated sales of over 150,000 copies on the first week alone.

Although regarded to be a "fan" disc, several new characters are shown for the first time that relate to the story in "Fate/stay night." It is speculated that some characters here will make cameos in the anime (this speculation was later backed up when Hotaruzuka Neko made a small appearance in the anime).

And now, starting January 2006, the much anticipated anime version of "Fate/stay night" started airing across various UHF stations.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote