View Single Post
Old 2008-09-07, 00:23   Link #663
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing
I watched and compared the Preview and OP closely when the first episode came out and noticed that the bearded guy and the camera guy have the same color green eyes (which gave it away for me) as well as hair and skin color. For those reasons I was 90% certain they were the same guy, the only uncertainty I had was if he (who was definitely a main character) was going to end up being Raigyo or not (which was revealed in episode 8).
Hmm, didn't notice it myself. but you're right. And I suppose that was th eonly uncertainity, indeed. After all, when Akiyuki asked in episode three (I think) what happened to Raigyo, he didn''t get an answer, so it was left floating. Considering how Ishu talked to Nakiami about how her helping Xam'ds was in the end "useless", I figured that Raigyo might either have lost control over his Xam'd or simply died/turned into stone at some point, so I figured that this would end up being something that Akiyuki'd learn later in the story, something along the lines of that "that is the fate that awaits anyone who becomes Xam'd", sorta. But instead it turns out that Raigyo is not only alive and well but is also the new character joining (or rather rejoining) the crew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
I hope by then Furuichi is a higher ranked officer.
Well, for now he seems intent on following the Suzaku-path - climb the military ladder by any means possible, even if that means betraying/selling out your friends... <_<. Seems obvious by the way he acts at the end in episode 8 that he's trying to make an impression on his superiors and gain something from it either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious
Though I'm more eager to see the reaction when the news of Akiyuki's state reaches his parents. I'm sure they will choose to stick by their son.
I'd be surpised if they didn't. His father will probably blame it on himself though - after all, he did say in episode... was it 5 or 6? well, at any rate he said that it must be heaven's retribution or something that the son of the man who helped create the humanform weapons was attacked by those as well, so he could interpreting Akiyuki becoming Xam'd in the same way, thus by that way of interpreting things, it'd be his fault that Akiyuki became Xam'd.. <_<.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote