View Single Post
Old 2012-07-05, 21:55   Link #113
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Why not just wipe her hands of the whole matter and forget about it? The movie is done, it was a success. Mission Accomplished. Finito. Goodbye.

But no, Irisu can't easily put aside Oreki getting upset with her because it bothers her that he probably doesn't like her or respect her now.
relentlessflame is doing a better job explaining than me, so I'll only add this bit: Because she is dealing with his sister. Sooner or later she'll know about it, and it's better to deal with it herself instead of let her hear about it from Houtarou. Why care about that? Because she thinks his sister is useful. It's better to keep her on her side. She couldn't care less about Houtarou by this point, but it's different for Tomoe.

To me, in this story so far, viewing Irisu in a good light is as hard as saying the guy behind Sekitani Jun is a good person. It is possible. He wanted the movement(project) to success. He did not want to hurt Jun. In fact, he wanted Jun to be a hero. It just turned out the way he did not expect.

However, I do not think anyone will be convinced.