View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 00:55   Link #49
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In any project, team members have to balance quality with time and cost. If it were possible, I would love nothing more than to take all the time and money I need to ensure that an article is fully copy-edited, fact-checked, sub-edited and proofread. Not once, but thrice-over.

Unfortunately, I don't. I am forced to execute the best I can within my constraints.

I imagine the same agony exists for many anime production committees.

If I were in their position, I would feel very much like saying, "Hmm, OK. Thanks for telling me the obvious. Unless you have more specific advice to help me cope with my specific challenges, I'll get on with my job..."

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting feedback from viewers. But when the feedback basically amounts to, "You know, your 'execution' sucked, why couldn't you have done it the way so-and-so done it in this-and-that project, which I thought was great (I don't really care if that this-and-that project wasn't what you were trying to achieve, just give me what I want)... Well, that's not really what I call constructive feedback.
I just don't understand the part about feedbacks. I don't think the point of this discussion is to give feedback to companies.

In regards to "execution" being vague, for me at least, I mostly refer to pacing (sequence/duration/fleshing out of scenes and dialogue) and presentation (music, art, animation, style, general atmosphere). Not everything has to be done great, just certain parts good enough and others not too bad. I guess it's still rather nebulous in the end; I only really know a good execution when I find myself immersed in a show. If I know exactly what makes good execution, I'd go direct those darn things myself.