View Single Post
Old 2013-04-20, 10:59   Link #150
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

It's not anime, nor is it even produced in Japan. Strictly speaking, it doesn't qualify to be in this thread. But if you are looking for something moving and own a PlayStation 3 console, you might want to give Journey a try. It's available from the PlayStation Network and wouldn't take more than two or three hours to complete.

Why? Because when was the last time any anime, movie or game inspired such a letter from a fan?
Quote:
Your game practically changed my life... It was the most fun I had with him since he had been diagnosed... My father passed in the spring of 2012, only a few months after his diagnosis.

Weeks after his death, I could finally return myself to playing video games. I tried to play Journey, and I could barely get past the title screen without breaking down into tears. In my dad's and in my own experience with Journey, it was about him, and his journey to the ultimate end, and I believe we encountered your game at the most perfect time.

I want to thank you for the game that changed my life, the game whose beauty brings tears to my eyes. Journey is quite possibly the best game I have ever played. I continue to play it, always remembering what joy it brought, and the joy it continues to bring.

I am Sophia, I am 15, and your game changed my life for the better.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote