View Single Post
Old 2009-02-02, 00:31   Link #14
kasumicc

I honestly think that TOEI ran out of ideas since YPC5 xD Designs, team composition, everything seemed like taken out from an earlier Magical Girl show. FPC is no exception.

The difference is that YPC5 did manage to look interesting since the beginning.

Ok, I saw the first episode of FPC. It left me with encountered feelings.
The henshin was allright, the villians look interesting, the ED was cute. But Love's personality seems very stereotypical for me, and Cure Peach knowing from the beginning how to fight and all, left me with a big 'wtf!'. I can't get used to the designs yet, and the OP...I'm not sure if I want to hear it again xD
Furthermore, the episode's pace and flow of events was ackward, and I don't seem to get what's going on.

TOEI was sucessful in one point, though; the series does look 'fresh'. But I'm not sure yet if it's in a good way. This time, the main characters are older girls (one of them even has a boyfriend), so I can suppose that this series, much like GoGo, will be about some mature themes. I can imagine TOEI thinking that the Precure fandom has grown up; but, does TOEI really know what they're doing? Plenty of merchandise directed to the same target audience as always; the same time slot as always. This contradiction leaves me wondering...

Overall, decent start; but it doesn't convince me yet. I'll have to give FPC a few weeks more.

Finally, I understand that the Precure franchise is giving a lot of money to TOEI; but I really wish they could move into something new. I just don't want to think that the Magical Girl genre is so over, that the only thing possible is to permanently reuse elements from older shows.
(And...ok; somewhere very deep into my heart keeps praying for some new Sailor Moon. But I know it's not possible T_T)
kasumicc is offline   Reply With Quote