Thread: Licensed Scryed (S-cry-ed)
View Single Post
Old 2007-05-17, 15:03   Link #58
PatPeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
No thanks, I'm done explaining. Up to Episode 22 I considered Scryed one of the best fighting Animes out there, then after those 2 episodes I only consider this sorta average.
1) Its not your run-of-the-mill fighting anime

2) Have you seen Samuri Champloo (I know I spelled Samuri wrong someone correct me)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
It's been a really long time since I've seen Scryed, but I still consider it a pretty good show. It seems that the reasons people are listing for not liking the show are precisely why I liked it.

The reason I like Scryed is because it threw away a lot of conventional anime norms. For example, I really like how the love triangle was resolved. If it were any other show, killing off Scheris would have been used as an excuse for Ryuhou to get with Mimori. Instead, he ends up with no one, which while it's surprising, is more realistic. Things don't end happily all the time in real life.

I also liked the final episode. Any other show would have had Kazuma and Ryuhou reconcile their differences and become good buddies, realizing through their journey together that they aren't so different after all (awww touching, really.) But this episode is making a point: People will always fight. No matter how much we cooperate and try to understand each other, humans are stubborn and competitive so the fighting will never end. Take the episode symbolically if that makes you feel better.

The only thing I didn't like was the "ending" before the final episode. I liked that there was no "big bad guy" who was for some stupid purpose manipulating everything, and then the second to last two episodes introduce just that. Oh well, I can live with that.
I also like how they throw away all the conventional stuff.

THE LAST EPISODE is not about fighting at all, it is about honor. It is just like Samuri (yes, I know I am spelling it wrong) Champloo where the two samuri meet and want to fight, but somehow have to work together, and eventually become friends. Kazuma and Ryuho fight as a sign of friendship.

Wait could you explain your dislike of the three before last episodes again? I do not quite understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I think that was the problem. Scryed isn't a conventional fighting anime -_-
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXion218 View Post
How many ep's are there? I saw only so many and I just ordered a box set from eBay with 1-26? ep's. That'd be great if they made a second one.
Second Season would only be good with different characters, so as not to risk destroying the ending of the first season. And they would have to bring the characters at some point to the mainland, maybe have them go to the labs and see the horror of the experimenting done on such people.
PatPeter is offline   Reply With Quote