View Single Post
Old 2008-06-27, 16:48   Link #320
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmx19 View Post
Okay I never watched a Macross series before but is this integration of music a normal thing? Cuz its pretty annoying IMO. I thought this about about space and robots and shit blowing up, but its also about teen pop stars and music videos? WTF? It just feels so out of place. Anime has been disappointing me more and more lately...
Isn't this like getting annoyed at a Gundam show for having Gundams being piloted by aces, or hating Star Wars for having... well... wars in space? Or for a shoujo-manga based anime having... y'know, a love story?

Maybe you need to go back to Gundam for your Mecha fix. I also hear Code Geass is avoiding the music thing, although the love story and school comedy scenes may also be annoying to one looking for 'space and robots and shit blowing up'. No space battles in that one.

Incidentally, the Deculture Episode had all of those elements which annoyed you. What in heaven possessed you to start the series in the first place, given all the things you've complained about were in the VERY FIRST EPISODE? Did you think things would suddenly change like in Naruto, or DBZ?
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote