View Single Post
Old 2011-02-11, 20:18   Link #103
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Two conversations between Homura and Kyoko according to gg subs...
Gah! So the rumors about yet another big miss were true. The Nutbladder and MahouShoujo+yesy subs were identical, yet completely different to gg:

Quote:
Kyoko: So what about that Sayaka? She's going to butt in again if we don't do anything about her.

Homura: I want this done as quietly as possible. Don't do anything. I'll handle it myself.

(that came across to me like two mafia members talking about how best to 'whack' someone )
Indeed. Just that Homura said "I want to settle this peacefully if possible. Stay out of it, I'll handle it myself."

I mean just think about it: If Homura wanted to assassinate Sayaka quietly, why would she need Kyoko's blessing? No, she wants Kyoko's promise to stay AWAY from Sayaka.

Quote:
Later on, during the Kyoko/Sayaka confrontation where they were about to fight... strongly implied that it would be a fight to the death, too...

Homura: We discussed this. You're not supposed to do anything.

Kyoko: Your plan's too slow! Besides, we're all ready to fight!

Homura: Then I'll fight her. Stay put this time.
Except that the dialog rather went like this:

Homura: "This is not what we agreed on. You're not to lay a finger on Sayaka. "

Kyoko: "You're too lax. Plus, it doesn't matter! She's after me, too!"

Homura: "I'll take her on, then. Don't get involved" (sidenote: Nutbladder was wrong here, too)

Quote:
Now I'd like to think that Homura was just BSing Kyoko in both of these instances, and had no intention of killing Sayaka. But Reckoner suggested otherwise on the Episode 6 thread in a debate with me. I can try to find his specific posts if anybody wants to see them.
Simple mistranslation/misedit issue. Homura explicitly states that she wants a peaceful resolution.

Quote:
Reckoner argued that while Homura was willing to discreetly kill Sayaka, she didn't want Sayaka to die by Madoka's hands, as that could cause Madoka incredible guilt (which Kyubey could then exploit to get her to contract with him).
Certainly also born from the mistranslation. Heck, look at her face when Madoka tossed the soul gem, and she was frantically going after it. This girl doesn't want to KILL Sayaka, she wants to SAVE her. And throughout the ep she tried to mediate a truce between them because Madoka begged her to in the last episode.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote