View Single Post
Old 2012-09-26, 22:22   Link #10653
Sol Falling

lol. The blatant disconnect between you guys' perceptions and the actual reception in Japan simply clearly shows that you don't really understand this manga. You don't understand its appeal, you don't understand its intentions, you don't even really understand the plot in terms of what's going on. Now, that isn't necessarily your fault; Nishio's stuff is always fairly convoluted in the first place and there are plenty of aspects of Medaka Box which might be said to be difficult to translate from Japanese. However, the joke that you guys would even presume to think that your highly subjective, ridiculously limited perspectives have any sort of objective weight on the quality of the series is plainly ridiculous.

Yeah, I can imagine you would think the Shiritori game was shit when you can't even be assed to pick up on and follow along the rules of a basic game of Shiritori. That doesn't say anything about the quality of the series, just your own complete lack of effort and ignorance.

If you can't even grasp the basic idea that a manga like Medaka Box isn't written for you, and that a high percentage of any supposed "shortcomings" you notice are actually your own inadequacies in being unable to comprehend the original intention and the native audience, then things are just hopeless for you.

Get over yourself, and scale back that judgemental personality. If something is (comparatively) well liked over in Japan, there's probably a significant reason for it, and you'd be well served trying to actually figure that reason out before you resort to "oh, the Japanese readers aren't exactly like me; they must be idiots" and start shitflinging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HearT] View Post
I personally think that chapter was just placed rather than being what it really ranked, since Medaka is on the cover this week~
Being featured on the cover isn't the same as having colour pages. Colour pages are basically when you get special pages within the magazine, and those are placed. It's often true that having the cover page corresponds to having the lead or center colour, but that isn't true in this case. Medaka Box and Gintama's rankings this week were their natural rankings.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote