View Single Post
Old 2009-01-21, 12:41   Link #217
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dude I think that's a bit harsh. I mean Layfon didn't want to be in the team at the first place but he's pretty much gotten force into it by Nina and the prez. You gotta feel sorry for the guy, look at this way, his team aren't much of a help either except for Nina. The engineer is practically useless, the sniper is un-cooperative nincompoop and Felli also didn't want to give her best, intends on losing AND she wants Layfon do the same, yes eventhough it means seeing Nina being beaten badly by the tonfa guy. Layfon intends on losing at first, and seems like he's doing that provided his knowing his team won't be getting hurt, but after being transmitted with Felli's brainwave about Nina's situation he abandoned the thought and went GAR and Saiyajin saving Nina's ass.

Basically he's being hated by Felli for using his powers to save Nina but ended up also getting hated by her because he hid his powers from the first place, just because he wanted a normal life.
Yes i am being harsh im not judging his whole character just the actions and his thinking during this particular part. But i also stated that i sympathize with him. Indeed what has happened to him is not fair, its not what he intended to happen when he came to the school and everything has been forced on him i do feel sorry for him. But in a combat situation even if it was training one should not entertain the thoughts of "its ok to lose" im sorry but its wrong. Even in training exercises people get hurt or even killed you are only as strong as your weakest member not just physically but mentally as well. The sniper didn't do much and the mechanic is useless as you stated so who does that leave to back up Nina? She bore the brunt of the attacks because he was not really trying and had the mindset of losing. Nina asked the sniper to cover Layfon because Nina had a plan and it involved Layfon actually trying which didn't happen.

Even if hes reluctant in the new role that has been forced on him ( i cant blame him) not trying your hardest while you are watching someone get beaten while she is trying her hardest is wrong. Even if i didnt want to be there and i hated the situation i wont sit by and watch someone take on 3 to 4 people while being half assessed about my approach.

I do think Lyfon is a good guy and its unfortunet whats happen to him i do feel sorry for him and im sure his character will blossom with time. But in this one particular case Felli should not have had to relay Nina's thoughts to get him to try harder it should be a given in the situation thats my take on it.

Thanks for clearing up Felli's message Skyfall i understand it a bit better now. I see how in some cases great power can become a great burden i misinterpreted her words. But my position on Layfons actions stands.