View Single Post
Old 2011-06-29, 15:08   Link #11756
leukrota

Ahh, now my curiosity has really been piqued... I guess I'll check the Bokutomo manga, is there a date for the anime yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not what i meant though The proper way to interrogate someone is to do what Accelerator did- He created a whole new reality for the prisoner. A good interrogator paints a picture of the world for a detainee. Whatever he's holding onto, you take it away.

The fact is, torture is for sadists and thugs. It's like getting groceries with a flamethrower. It doesn't work, and it makes a mess. Getting useful information is about creating a new reality for the interrogation subject with no hope of escape or freedom. You control every aspect of their world - how they eat, where they sleep, even whether it's day or night. When it's time to ask questions, you want them disoriented, anxious, wondering who you are and what you can do to them.

Of course, Accelerator used the accelerated process.
Well, that's still torture... mental torture. But I agree, that's probably a lot more effective than physical torture.

I once heard of using barney the dinosaur's songs to break the minds of the prisoners... Dunno how real is that rumor, but it would definitely work on me.