View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 15:59   Link #317
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Not gonna discuss further the looks of Cypha's blatantly obvious energy slash attack with you since there's no point in keep pointing the obvious truth. As i've mentioned before i have Cypha's all other slashes as comparision point and no one else looks like that, in fact, it looks more similar to the bombardment attck she used on Agito xDU(there's even a circular aura around her sword at the moment you can't get more obvious than that xDU). Look at the dynamic of the examples you posted and go look back to Cypha's attack on the iceber ...even the closest example (Armorized Deville swinging his weapon against Fate) fails to replicate the effect depicted on that page.

I guess we reached the point where it's useless to keep discussing this particular point since i believe firmly in my evidence and you keep refusing it so move on.

As for the mountain the very image depic several chunks of ice, not ony one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VezSketch View Post
Uh, their physical power is fueled by magic, eclipse, whatever energy the combat cyborgs use, etc. That's where all their power comes from. Reinforce punching through Nanoha's round shield, Fate sending out a massive shockwave, the kinetic energy behind Vita's gigantform Graf Eisen, etc.
We're bouncing back again to our previous discussion, physical strenght and magic enhace attacks aren't the same. Nanoha is just barely stronger than a well trained woman her age and size, otherwise she would be able to bend steel bars with her bare hands, something i really doubt she could pull off. Cypha's body is indeed strenghed by the conditions of the EC virus (to the point of breaking Signum's Gladiator Shield with her bare fingers) but even with that level of strenght is unplusible for her to cut a mountain to pieces with her strenght alone, it was an EC-powered attack, not just a mere "slash".

The only other installement i saw of someone cutting a mountain with a sword was Frog with the Masamune on Chrono Trigger. But even that doesn't count because it wasn't Frog's strenght what cuts the mountain it was the ludicrous power of the Masamune (which wasn't even at it's strongest at the time o.O!).

Keroko is right about the cyborgs, while most of them are certainly weaker than the main cast powerwise they're far stronger than most of them physically speaking thanks to their bionic enhacements. Dieci will own Nanoha on a wrestling match with a hand tied on her back xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~