View Single Post
Old 2015-01-04, 00:30   Link #1231
Baldurkai
Ultra durable

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
well, i started to dive into this game. i just have fun trying to complete areas. crafting is annoying though. i feel like its really inefficient if you're trying to level up your professions. is there a better way i don't know about?
Depending on the type of player you are, there are many ways to just level up your character.

1: grind out low level events quickly (I.e champion event farming as events scale to lvl so you keep getting more and more exp - I think these still exist maybe...)
2: go try the world vs world vs world for exp and weapons as well as armour (if you're on a server with a good/strong WvW force, it might be worth while to follow compitent commanders going to attack towers and camps as these event will award you with money, karma, exp as well as WvW tokens which can be exchanged along with gold for exotic tier armour and weaponry)

Not so time efficient
1: try the PvP in the game, as you can be awarded -Tomes of Knowledge- which when used will grant your character 1 whole lvl. (Awarded within the PvP chest tracks at different staged of completition) - personally I would not recommend this for any new players as you have to win the matches and play to a reasonably high standard to obtain a good amount of points to get the tracks completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
The most important thing is just to not rush too much-- Getting to the highest levels isn't not always the best approach, In general things start to really look up after level 25 or so, at which point you can actually start paying attention to all of these things.
Only thing I say to this is that, hitting lvl 80 as fast as you can allows you to aim access to the new areas which get released, contains many valuable items worth a lot of in game gold, which will allow you to buy all the items you are trying to farm for at them low levels.

Also with the "new" levelling system they introduced I find that only at level 80 does the game start to open up, you will be able to do the tasks required to obtain skills, you get access to tailoring your equipment to your playstyle (choose the stats you wish to play with - early level armour and weapons may only have 2 of the 3 stats available), you get access to the new zones which at the time of writing has been pretty much lvl 80 req (maybe lvl 70 if you play well) all of your trait points can be spent so you will have your full build.
Personally I dislike this "new" levelling system as it feels like you've been delayed for no reason.

Levelling now in gw2 is slow, but if you have money, the best way (imo) is to do the story missions/quests and when you reach around lvl 30-40 to start on crafting. otherwise it's honestly rather slow these days.

in general the higher your level the more exp you earn, so I would recommend power level via champ farms, event farms, WvW farms.

Good luck!
Hope you have fun in the game!
Baldurkai is offline   Reply With Quote