View Single Post
Old 2012-10-02, 16:38   Link #20
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
By the time we saw Law and Vergo, the fight was already in progress (evident in how Law was damaged). For all we know, Vergo could have been squeezing Law's heart prior to what we witnessed, which led to Law being at a disadvantage and getting overwhelmed subsequently. Don't forget that Law used counter shock which did noticeable harm to Vergo. By all accounts, Vergo doesn't really strike me as being vastly superior to Law, and by extension Smoker as well.

While you certainly make a good point here, I just sort of felt that Vergo was the superior one here precisely BECAUSE he withstood Law's Counter Shock. That, and he was fighting on fairly equal ground with Sanji prior to breaking his leg, so I'm definitely feeling his strength is the real deal here (I know you pointed out before that Sanji most likely wasn't at his best against Vergo either due to the injuries he sustained when Nami was swapped with him, but still).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Hm, what if Smoker decides to finish off Law first before going against Vergo?

That wouldn't really make any sense. Mainly because Smoker (and even us, the audience) still doesn't have a clear idea of Law's motives at PH in the first place. He was able to crack down on Crocodile at Alabasta because Croc straight-up confessed his plans to him. The same can't be said for Law, who's even being targeted by his own former crew now.....

Simply put, Smoker just can't go around arresting/killing them warlords left and right without good reason, y'know.