Thread: Licensed Bakuman (TV) (All Seasons)
View Single Post
Old 2010-10-13, 17:06   Link #216
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Don't say it's a strawman unless you happen to know Ohba's views for yourself. Cause otherwise, I'm just going off the little subtleties I've noticed sprinkled in parts of DN and Bakuman, not even just from things characters say, but the roles the female characters have or how they act or are treated, even by the plot itself. But still, I'll be the first to admit it's possible that since this is Ohba, who loves writing mysteries, writing female characters that way is a charade to make us think Ohba's a man, when he's really a woman..
You're assuming the expressions of the characters are representation of the author's views.
Do you know what Ohba's thoughts are? No. So you have no more grounds to make this claim than me saying otherwise.
In general, its' dangerous to think this way, and you're simply jumping the gun for no good reason.
So I'm gonna label your "OHBA IS SEXISSSSTTT" a paranoid delusion. For now.

Btw, Ohba being a woman is an unconfirmed rumor.
Ohba being Gamou is also an unconfirmed rumor, but with insane amounts of evidences.
I could write an essay about it, in fact, people can be found guilty on less evidences than this in court.

So my bet is on him being male.