View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 10:43   Link #15
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
I don't think the movie will add to the main plot in the manga. At best, it may use, or better explain, some of the more secondary plot points or technical descriptions of the world. Most likely will be a stand-alone story.

Anyway, poster looks interesting. It makes it seem like there is some link between Eclair (the Phoenix Priestess?) and Lucy. Perhaps some connection to Layla or the spirit world? A Phoenix's element is traditionally fire, so with Natsu, I'm betting there will be fire vs. fire combat. Betting Natsu will power up to defeat the big baddie by eating the special Phoenix flames. So we get another one-shot power up for Natsu.

Eclair's facial expression makes her appear a bit depressed about something, but also a bit angry, suggesting that she is either the main antagonist, or is assisting the main antagonist. But that she's ultimately a good person inside and is only doing it because she was hurt in some way.

Lastly, I took the contents of that website and ran it through Google Translate:

Spoiler for Google Translate:

Not too much detail, other than there is a conspiracy, and something about a "stone Phoenix."
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote