View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 21:49   Link #1016
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Because main characters should get more screen time then mere side characters.
I think this sums you up pretty well, and what we all knew prior to this. Fate is the only important one, and to hell with anyone that is not Fate. How dare they even exist? Ya know, at least the zany NanoFate crowd is honest about their hate for Yuuno, and confine their hate to him, a single character.

Quote:
I know my viewpoint holds pretty solid ground based on the opinions and reviews I've seen all through out the internet.
Well, if we heard it on the internet, it must be true!

*chuckles* Man, this takes me back to the Ranma 1/2 fandom. The Akane fans (of which I was one), and the Ukyo fans, and the Shampoo fans... Akane fans, in particular, liked to proclaim their viewpoint as valid, because most people agreed with them.

Then there is the Tenchi fandom, where similar things happened. And so on and so forth in many other fandoms. And the Last Airbender fandom... *shudders* If I had a nickel for everytime someone wanted to proclaim their viewpoint as being the majority, and hacked up some kind of internet stats to support themselves....

Ah, kids... to be that age again, like a teenager, convinced I knew everything and was right....

Quote:
Why not go and be a director or a screen writer if you feel so confident about it?
That's why I started writing, actually. And yes, as sucky as I am, I somehow managed to accumulate a decent amount of fans, who like my humorous fics, or my Crisis storyline, or Future Tense. Quite a few of those, I've had offers from people to write fics in them, or have them translated to different languages.

Quote:
You want to remove a number of scenes. Turning the franchise into something it's really not.
Heh, I want to scrap about 11 minutes of screentime (and that was just tossed out as the max possible number of scenes I'd scrap, leaving the door open for keeping some of them), not all of which were Fate ones. Most were lighthearted scenes, yes... but I was replacing them with more action... something you said was one of the series mainstay attractions.

So, I am confused. If I am putting in more of what the fans want, according to you, what is the problem? I suppose I know what you'll say now, since you consider Fate giving an eraser to someone a vital scene in a movie.

Oh, I have some good news for you, then! I heard a rumor that in the third movie, there will be a scene where Fate clips her toe nails for 30 full seconds! And then she walks along the street and chats about the price of ramen for 2 minutes! Who's excited!? I'm sure that will REALLY add to the movie's plot!
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote