View Single Post
Old 2009-02-09, 14:24   Link #51
Amray

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
Glad you like the book =D. I also agree that it was pretty interesting to learn more about Naomi. She was one of my favorite characters in the book (not the whole series altogether of course). I just wish that this whole book could've been in the beginning of the series. It would've made the anime and manga in total better. It titillated my mind a lot lol.
Indeed. I think that all Death Note fans should read this book atleast once to get more of an in-depth description of what it revolves around.. Alas, just as Mello wrote in the notes, it gives the reader a great view of L's amazing deductive skills and unique way of thinking and how it is that he recieved the title of the world's greatest detective. If one reads this then they can clearly see how great he, and also Misora, were back a few years prior the manga/anime...of course that is not to say that L was not amazing during the manga and anime too.

I suppose it was good to make it a seperate project to the manga though. It just gives it that nice feeling of extra story. I was quite hoping that they would make more novels based on the other cases written in the back of the book, on the conclusion page. That would be good, I would definitely buy them.