View Single Post
Old 2011-10-24, 00:21   Link #14532
Miraluka
Banned

Talking about Birdway, Stiyl's Chapter is complete.

Quote:
It was no longer a fight.
It was nothing more than a bullying of the weak that was painful to watch.
“And then there’s the whole issue of attack magic. I think it’s too close minded to think of each spell as having only one use. Why even use magic that was only made to be used in some childish fight? That kind of junk should just be left as an opening act. I don’t see anything worth praising about how you prepare all these wonderful pieces of magic for your enemies.”
Her words sent a chill down his spine.
She was the boss who held the Dawn-Colored Sunlight in her hands.
The next thing Stiyl knew, there were no enemies left.
It made Stiyl feel like the life-and-death battles he had been fighting had been nothing more than fist fights between children. On the other hand, what that girl had done had been to tear up the very ground the enemies stood upon.
She was ruthless.
She was unreasonable.
She was overwhelming.
After creating that scene of devastation, Birdway handed her staff to the man waiting beside her and cracked her neck.
She then suddenly looked to the side.
Stiyl had not noticed his approach, but one of Birdway’s subordinates was standing there silently. He held an unconscious magician over his shoulder as if the magician were a piece of luggage.
“I have retrieved the fragment of the Alaskan rune epitaph and Richard Brave, the man behind all this.”
“I see,” replied Birdway.
Stiyl frowned suspiciously.
“…Are you saying you saved him? That doesn’t sound like the Dawn-Colored Sunlight I’ve heard about.”
“Make no mistake.”
The girl grinned at the question.
Her expression seemed to be the incarnation of sadism itself.
“We must give the appropriate punishment to those who bare their fangs toward us. That has always been our way of doing things. So, I’m sorry to say we have no intention of handing this man over to you. He is ours to enjoy.”
A freezing chill ran down Stiyl’s back.
Birdway must have been satisfied with his expression because a slight smile of joy appeared on her face. She then sent a few more explosions across the unmoving battlefield…or rather, bombing site.
After sending explosions across the entire area, she muttered, “Let’s get going.”
She then turned her back on the defeated enemies who she held no more interest in.
No one spoke a word.
No one was even able to prepare any kind of objection.
Birdway had silenced everyone with her overwhelming display of destruction.
“This pointless work really wears me out. I could really go for a popsicle,” she said languidly.
Thats Birdway for you.
I almost feel sorry for Richard but he seems to be fine from the looks of Kanzaki's SS.