View Single Post
Old 2009-06-18, 03:22   Link #29
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Well well well, looks like they're finally kicking the plot into a unique direction.

I kind of consider myself a rare case in the Valkyria Chronicles fandom. I've said it before way back when, but my complaint about the initial episodes wasn't that they changed too much, but that they changed too little.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but the main reason I had stopped following the series until recently was because the changes made were only small and, frankly, insignificant. Oh sure, they changed Alicia's personality and emphasized Welkin's absent minded personality, but beyond that there was nothing that really was any different from the game. If I wanted to see the same story again, I would have gone back and played the game again.

Right now after the first few railroad episodes, there are now enough changes to make me question whether key elements in the game will change. Isara's fate now that she has someone interested in her? Cordelia's heritage? Particularly that last one is of quite some significance.

This anime has managed to make me question where it is going, and in doing so has re-captured my interest. :3