Thread: Licensed Sora no Woto
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-06, 19:13   Link #230
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol, it is probably very Freudian, true, but I wasn't talking about the water throwing festival in general, I was talking about that specific scene where she's on all fours and soaked and this group of four or so guys basically just dump a whole bucket on her. You can sorta see her crumple from the impact a bit and her head's facing down the whole time, she's not even looking, really--clearly still getting over the shock and dismay of getting soaked the first/second time. The way they seem to focus on that shot just a moment too long, with her soaked on the floor and everything, her expression and posture clearly conveying that she's not enjoying this, I do think it was very demeaning (and, as I enjoyied said demeanment because it made me think dirty things as I mentioned earlier, that gave it a fairly dark feeling as well).
Well, the girls were prob sacrifices to appease whatever god that dragon was in the past. The girls are being burned to death. You don't just dribble water on burning people. It's prob not meant to be demeaning at this point in the city's timeline imo. Guys were hitting other guys with it also. Way back when prob sh*t was hitting the fan and it wasn't a good thing being a fire maiden. Blood and bodies being sacrificed. Not my idea of fun.

But people can read into it whatever they want. Lots of traditions have very dark pasts, like Guy Fawkes Day, St. Nicholas (Santa Claus)

Last edited by orion; 2010-01-06 at 19:40.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote