View Single Post
Old 2011-12-05, 01:42   Link #107
4Tran

I haven't been posting in this subforum because I've been trying to digest all the stuff that's been shown in the last few episodes. It's also to avoid the redundant "Amazing episode for an amazing show" raving that'd I'd constantly have to write.

There are three little bits that I found particularly noteworthy. The first is the scenes with Yuri in them. In a show where people lie all the time, their actions can sometimes tell us a lot more about them than their conversations can. And sometimes, even a simple line like the one Yuri uttered can mean so much.

The second moment came when Masako tried to shoot Himari with the memory ball. At that point, I wanted her to succeed. It's not a matter of wanting Himari to come to harm. Instead, I was just so invested in the story that I wanted to know what had happened.

The last was when Himari ran up to the wall with the fans. Right then, I felt exactly the same as Himari. The same sense of realization, the same sense of dread. It's really rare for a show to build up that much resonance - it's a real accomplishment.