View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 18:10   Link #5169
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
I was going to post sooner but thanks to Eeni I had to go gouge my eyes out (you evil person, you). Anyway, nice to see Sumizawa is still teasing us with Heero and Katrina back story. I wonder which classical piece he chose for the space waltz. Or perhaps they're singing? Whatever the case, I know I'll have my fun.

Oh, I remember that. But if that is supposed to be the excuse for his lunatic behavior, then it's more than halfhearted. Besides, retraining someone to lose his humanity makes me think he'd become more detached like Trowa, not stark raving mad.

On another random side note (yet again), I've been watching Wing and I noticed something peculiar in the opening:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...why is Duo bearing a coat of arms? Out of all the cast, he's pretty much the last person I'd peg as nobility, being a street urchin and of American descent and all. Although the knight in shining armor thing kinda fits. lol
It's also funny that he has wolves. I guess the Fenris thing with Jr. wasn't as out of left field as I initially thought.

Did the writers omit something like with Wu Fei being a newtype?
The original plan had Wufei being a Newtype but it was chucked... even though they kept a lot of the newtypeish feel to some of the plot points. Like the whole Lady Une scene in space where she was visiting the colonies, or Quatre during Heero's self detonation... and even the battle between the Gundams and the Mobile Dolls being controlled by Dorothy there were lots of moments that hinted at a "sensory" feeling even if there wasn't a newtype flash or anything.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote