View Single Post
Old 2007-02-05, 17:25   Link #123
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
I agree with that, but pre-timeskip Naruto definitely didn't have much skill as far as leadership of any kind. He was too hot-headed and naive...
If you are solely concentrating on how he can lead if a team was assigned to him, the result would be mostly based on luck - as the mission will be based on at the spot decisions or acts rather than the planned ones. Sure, that is not representative of good leadership skills, but Shika was selected as a chuunin despite having similar traits leading to success/failure.

As long as Naruto can lead his team forward and at the same time having the ability to achieve success, then it would be hard to discuss against his case being promoted as a chuunin.

Also, if you try to form a team with each of them, Shika will be able to adapt to his teammates, but for Naruto you are expected to adapt to him - but, still, there is at least one case against that (against Zabuza - again showing the randomness in his decision resulting in luck-based results). Because of that Shika was able to be selected as a chuunin, while Naruto wasn't. Shika was ready for the missions - even if it is not at the required experience level, while Naruto wasn't.

As I said above, Naruto's main advantage is his strength, and as long as he does have the strength to lead his team, then he should be allowed to take that rank. Even though pre-time skip Naruto didn't have that strength, there are cases that might be used to support him in addition to cases leading to the completely opposite direction.

But, for me, as I said at the beginning, he was not ready.

Quote:
Spoiler:

Basically, Naruto has chuunin talent, but as far as leadership is concerned, he has a ways to go. I think his skill and talent have increased, but now the Kyuubi has become a bigger hinderance
For the post time skip part:
Spoiler:
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote