Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-29, 08:06   Link #11744
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Now, everyone seems to be confused here. Most harem type endings are seemingly open ended. Those are terrible. What I'm implying is more conclusive. What better way to close the gap than to take multiple wives from different Youkai races. A king on his throne with his 6 queens, 3 on each side.

Right now, I simply prefer to not think about the end without further development. With the way things are now, theres still lots to tell.
The one thing lots of people miss about the whole deal of harem endings is that they're looking in the wrong places were they've been successful as well as monogamous endings.

No manga in my experience, at least the mainstream shounen mangas, will ever really have a good harem ending.

The place to look for those, are of but two sources, one of them being H-manga, chock full of adult language and sex, and the other source are visual novels, chock full of adult language and sex. Both play to the tune of monogamous and polygamous relations, and effectively make them work both ways.

One example in resent memory for me is a game called Lets Meow Meow. That game has many similarities to R+V in that just about the entire female cast are not human...

They're a race of animal-like people along the lines of your typical Cat girls, Dog girls, Rabbit girls, and even a robot girl, and out of all them, there is only one human girl. I also find it kind of funny that the number of potentials in that game closely resembles the harem in R+V, even if one includes Tsukune's cousin Kyou-chan too, at least in numbers.

It could be just me, but I feel that mainstream manga may not be the place to tout polygamous relationships, and so R+V would only touch on that it's not a common thing, and that it's unfeasible for some reason or other.

It is also suppose to be somewhat educational in people's social relationships with one another. But to also illustrate that one can't please everyone.

Tsukune probably is under the impression that if he did choose someone, that person would become the sole target of the wrath of all the other losers that didn't get picked and try and kill them without much thought to how much this outcome would hurt Tsukune in the end.

It's obvious that things are playing to the tune of "the first girl wins" rule, as the theme goes. This is, in my opinion, way too common a theme for many mangas, and it would be refreshing to see an ending where Moka doesn't win, or things fall into place for a harem end being an alternative to a "hollow" victory for whoever would have won anyway.

As I said, things could turn out in any number of ways. And for everyone to fight to the death would be the worst possible outcome of this groups ambitions. Tsukune's role is to PREVENT bloodshed between them, not encourage it.

One example that this situation could be used against Tsukune and company is starkly illustrated in one particular fanfic called Out Of Nightmares, where the villain chooses Tsukune and the group as a medium to bring disaster to the school and the world at large.

Mostly by using the pain and grief that they each suffer should they be belittled by Tsukune himself, each other, or others that painful memories are attached to, or just simply lose him to one of the other girls, and the pain and fear they each feel only feeds the villain's plan to bring about chaos. And Tsukune was chosen to lead all that by being the focus of all that suffering.

It's pretty well told once you get past the really depressing parts of the girls suffering in torturous repeats of their most painful moments. But it does shine some light on one such path leading to the harem end as being the best alternative.

And after giving this a look with the preview feature, I think I've said enough for now.