View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 12:36   Link #14
Lightning_Wing

Alright so this is a sort of creepy story that happened a few years ago...

So one summer we decided to go up into the mountains to ride ATVs and camp and that sort of thing for a week. The day after we got to the campsite, we decided to check out some of the trails that were around and find ones that were enjoyable and relatively easy.

Now, if you're familiar with forested trails in the Rockies, you would probably know that there are the big, well traveled, easy trails that are nearly roads, but shooting off of these are much darker, narrower, and steeper trails that cut up and down the mountains.

So while my father, brother, and I were traveling down one of the main trails, we stopped to look at a map and take a drink and such. It happened to be that we were just in front of a very dark trail that snaked up into blackness of the mountain above us. My father and I were looking at this such trail, as it didn't seem too hard, when a small figure came hobbling down to trail. It was strange, as it bounced back in forth as it moved toward us, and then it spoke. It came clearer into view and we could see that it was the torso of a person, head and all, walking on his...hands...

It turns out that the legless man was on a hike. His companion quickly followed and explained it to us when they both reached the bottom of the trail.

But it was a strange sight indeed.