View Single Post
Old 2012-10-01, 00:35   Link #836
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black-Cat-Sama View Post
Ishida turning out to be a spy, while cool, would just be forced at this point. To say all the 'friendship' was just a lie seems dumb IMO. He showed legit concern for Orihime, enough to break his promise with his father (who knew he could anyways) and go to Hueco with Ichigo anyways and eve about Ichigo in the Fullbringer arc when he believed Ukitake lied to them/was hiding something.

I would be more inclined to believe that his father was up to something, but even then, that seems a bit forced too. What I really would have liked to see was his father intervening during the Aizen fight...I mean, if Keigo and the others could wake up, he sure as hell could. And while working with Shinigami isn't something he'd do, I'd think stopping one bent on destruction of his home would be enough...

All in all, the Ishida family is hinted to be something big from Kirge's words, so hoping for some Ryuuken flashbacks from when he was younger, maybe filling in the gap of his knowledge that other Quincies could be out there and the power his family could have but he never acted on it in fear of something.

What I really liked about this chapter? Well, the ending was, while annoying, a good sign. This cliffhanger will keep us waiting for something, which means it's about time Kubo will shift to Hueco Mundo again and we'll see who is pointing their sword at Ukitake. That or we'll see what's up with Ichigo, but SS might be shafted for a week or two at this rate
Legit concern for Orihime, not Ichigo. He's been pretty antagonistic towards Ichigo from the start. Things seemed to get a bit better towards the end of the SS arc, but after that he became a bit douchy again so ya never know.