Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-22, 18:25   Link #29561
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
If Abe wants to re-write the Constitution, I say let him.

The people of Japan have the right to rule themselves. If Egypt can re-write their Constitution, why not Japan? Why should they live under rules drafted to please Americans?

You can't stop people from being themselves. I believe Japan is capable of being a peaceful nation by choice, and not by force. And America is in no position to preach peace these days.
And even right now, the US are more than willing to tell Japan to go ahead with changes to their constitution because of the new realities they have to face. They have full right to sovereignty. The only ones who want to take Japan into an open fight these days are the ones who have a serious case of underlying penis envy mentality trying to hide their own weaknesses/problems. But that's for a different debate.

Meanwhile, I look at the example of Germany and how they managed to put up a few adjustments in their new constitution and succeed with a system where they can give their armed forces a little more "freedom" (for lack of better word) and make loads of money by the sale of military hardware. Until further notice, I haven't seen Germany being greedy in a desire to become a bigger NATO player by any means although they could because they are very credible on the political/economical front these days.

If those constitutional changes allow Japan to make money by selling loads of quality hardware to trustworthy clients, I say it's a very good move and no one can deny that.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-07-22 at 21:20.