View Single Post
Old 2004-03-31, 11:13   Link #16
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by confuzionrains
Everyone else seems to have a specialized job....

Luffy - captain
Sanji - cook
Usopp - mechanic
Nami - navigator
Chopper - soon to be medic

Does Zoro actually have a specific honed skill that he applies while they are cruising on the seas? It seems like he's just a lazy bum compared to the others.... I guess he does some sentry duty and some hard labor, but is that it? I mean, in terms of a ship's needs, he's somewhat dispensable relative to the others (clearly, we've seen that you need a doc on the high seas)....
Well, I can see your point but he was pretty much recruited to just be the ship's badass. Luffy at that time just wanted someone strong. I believe that Zoro is the strongest next to Luffy.
Sanji was recruited to be a cook, fighiting is just a bonus. Usopp is the mechanic and he has his moments of intelligence but he isnt much for fighting. Nami was recruited to be the navigator. I am just up to the Drum island eps so I dont know to much about Chopper but I assume they were recruited specifically to be the medic. Zoro is just doing what he was recruited for and he actually does seem rather protective of Luffy and the others...

Spoiler:

Usefulness is relative. Luffy's only qualifications as Captain is charisma, a strong will and the ability to fight. Sometimes it seems as if Nami is more of a leader than he is.
SwiftStar is offline   Reply With Quote