View Single Post
Old 2008-06-06, 01:22   Link #77
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I hope I'm right too, but as much as I want too see Sheryl win I also want to feel really bad for Ranka at the moment of choosing as well as happy for her later. Macross Do You Remember Love pulled this off perfectly with me. Even though I'm a massive Misa Hayase fan and prefer her over Minmei a lot I still really felt bad for Minmei... in DYRL anyway., they made her a lot more sympathetic. That look on her face when she sees Hikaru come to her after he decided on Hayase (unknown to her) The best love triangles do this to you.
I don't know about feeling sorry for Ranka if she loses out in the end. It all depends on whether the reason for her infatuation for Alto develops into something deeper than just because he's pretty and saved her life. She doesn't really know anything about him at the moment and hasn't seemed to make any effort to do so up to this point. I do rather like her though, and I hope she doesn't become a Minmei on her rise to stardom, but Sheryl's presentation so far just makes it kinda hard for me root for her even a little. I've always rather disliked, maybe even hated, Minmei since she was so frivolous, whereas Misa was much more appealing.