View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 10:20   Link #2329
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
IMHO Kishi is a way way better writer. The only iffy parts in Naruto are Sasuke related and it's more to do with how he made him a second main character and kinda didn't. If the series wasn't called "Naruto" that probably wouldn't have raised any eyebrows though. On the other hand Kubo fails to kill anyone, injected tons of filler and filler characters and even a filler arc into his manga, has some very cop out villains, fails to control the power levels of his characters, is consistently violating the world and rules he's laid down.
I disagree, i think both series started out great but then went haywire halfway through the story. You kinda get the sense that neither of them really expected to keep their jobs for so long when they stard out, and thus reched a point where they had absolutely no ideia what to write next. Kishimoto also has major problems controling his charcters power levels, I'd say even more so than Bleach. And by now i think he has violated every single rule he's ever laid out, it's like part 1 and part 2 were written by two different authors who hate each other. Honestly both series should have ended 2 or 3 years ago.